Welcome to the Australia-China Friendship Society - ACT Branch Inc.
The Australia China Friendship Society is a voluntary, non-profit organisation which aims to promote friendship and understanding between the peoples of Australia and China. It has no political affiliation. The Society has branches in each State and Territory of Australia.
The ACT Branch holds regular meetings covering a wide range of activities. A newsletter keeps members informed of coming activities and provides general information about interesting topics relating to China.
- We hold regular meetings for members which include film nights, guest speakers and other activities;
- We organise tours to China and other countries, at the lowest possible cost;
- We host delegations from China;
- We make awards to the most proficient and the most improved students of mandarin at government schools and colleges;
- We celebrate the Lantern festival;
- We conduct informal conversation evenings in the Chinese/English language;
- We organise excursions and social occasions for members and friends; and
- We raise money to support the education of disadvantaged children in China's poorer areas through Project Hope.